At one time or another, almost everyone experiences a sense of "feeling low" caused by a disturbing event in one's life. However, when these feelings persist, it is a matter of concern. Major depression is a serious condition where a person is not only in a depressed mood but also has feelings of guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest or pleasure in normal activities including sex. Other symptoms include oversleeping or sometimes sleeplessness, extreme fatigue, lack of energy, agitation and sometimes irritability and anxiety. Depression can strike at any age, including childhood.
- Poor appetite with weight loss or increased appetite with weight gain
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Physical hyperactivity or inactivity
- Loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities
- Decrease in sexual drive
- Fatigue and loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-reproach or misassigned guilt
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
While there are no specific guidelines to avoid depression, it is important to exercise regularly, which both improves one's mood and the ability to handle stress.
You May Try:
Geriforte has been found to produce a feeling of improved physical and mental fitness in a majority of patients and is effective in reducing the symptoms related to depression. It is an anxiolytic and anti-depressant agent. As an adaptogenic, Geriforte assists in the treatment of depression.
Mentat is clinically proven to improve the mood and the symptoms of depression by exerting a calming influence on the mind.